Copyright and Reprint Request Form
Copyright and Trademark Notice
The contents of all material available on this Worldwatch Institute internet site are copyrighted by Worldwatch Institute unless otherwise indicated. All rights are reserved by Worldwatch Institute, and the content may not be reproduced, downloaded, disseminated, published, or transferred in any form or by any means, except with the prior written permission of Worldwatch Institute or as indicated below. Users may download pages or other content for their own use, consistent with the mission and purpose of Worldwatch Institute. However, no part of such content may be otherwise or subsequently reproduced, downloaded, disseminated, published, or transferred, in any form or by any means, except with the prior written permission of, and with express attribution to Worldwatch Institute. Copyright infringement is a violation of federal law subject to criminal and civil penalties. WORLDWATCH INSTITUTE, WORLD WATCH, STATE OF THE WORLD, and VITAL SIGNS are registered service marks of Worldwatch Institute.
Links to Other Internet Sites
At certain places on this Worldwatch Institute Internet site, live "links" to other Internet addresses can be accessed. Such external Internet addresses contain information created, published, maintained, or otherwise posted by institutions or organizations independent of Worldwatch Institute. Worldwatch does not endorse, approve, certify, or control these external Internet addresses and does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficacy, timeliness, or correct sequencing of information located at such addresses. Use of any information obtained from such addresses is voluntary, and reliance on it should only be undertaken after an independent review of its accuracy, completeness, efficacy, and timeliness. Reference therein to any specific commercial product, process, or service by trade name, trademark, service mark, manufacturer, or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by Worldwatch Institute.
Getting permission to reprint Worldwatch material
Note: Please allow for a 30-day turnaround time.
Worldwatch Institute grants permission to reprint materials from our books, magazine and website provided that the reprint is for educational or nonprofit purposes and provided that the following guidelines are followed:
1. Go through our copyright clearance and search for the product you'd like to reprint.
Go to www.copyright.com and search for the product you'd like to reprint in the search box under "Get Permission."
2. If the product is not accessible through our copyright clearance, write:
Gaelle Gourmelon : email@example.com
1400 16th Street, N.W., Suite 430
Washington, D.C. 20036
- Tell us the title of the publication and the individual piece desired, the author (if applicable), the page number(s) and publication date of the document you wish to reprint.
- Tell us how you'd like to use the document (e.g., on your website, as a link, in your newsletter, in a textbook, etc.).
- If it is for publication in a written form (e.g., in a book, newsletter, etc.) tell us when your piece will be published, where it will be published, how many copies of it will be published, and who the publisher is.
- If it is for any other use than on our website, tell us what type of rights you are requesting (e.g., in the United States, worldwide, etc.)
- Tell us how we can get back in touch with you. Be sure to provide us with your name, address, phone, fax, and e-mail address.
3. Or, fill out the form that follows: