How do I add a discount coupon?
- Navigate to Store administration > Discounts > List
- Click "Add discount" to the right of the "List" tab
- Name the discount and give it a short description (this appears for the user when they enter the code in on their shopping cart page).
- Click on "Is Active" and, if applicable, "Discount activates" and "Discount expires" to set up valid expiration dates for the discount.
- Ignore Weight
- Enter a Qualification Amount. For bulk discounts, there will be a qualifying amount and a max amount (see examples in Climate Change Reference Guide discounts). For a discount for a single publication, the Qualification amount is 1 and there is no maximum qualifying amount.
- For non-bulk discounts, click the box for "Require code to activate discount". This requires users to enter the code you have assigned to the discount. Once you click on that box, a field will come up allowing you to enter the code in.
- Ignore the next 3 boxes and then select the product that the code is discounting from the "Required product" dropdown box.
- Next, enter the disount details under the Discount Application section. Choose the type, the amount, ignore "Filter type", and make sure publication is selected in the dropdown box.
- Next, set max amounts for times the coupon can be used using the remaining fields on the form. When you're done, click save.
- You can copy any discount to create a similar discount code. From the discount list page, just click on "copy" to the right of the code, and then rename and edit the new discount.